How to wear pumps?
Styling tips from Irma,
One of the most heartfelt Russian fashion- and lifestyle-bloggers Irma (hey_irma)
shares some outfit ideas and tips on how to wear pumps.
Pumps are always a good idea, aren’t they? Classics have become so versatile nowadays, that pumps in any colours and shapes can become essential parts of a basic wardrobe – be they black, gunmetal (like mine from Högl), white, nude, red, violet, gold or sequined. It all depends on your personal preferences and lifestyle. Pumps have long ceased to be exclusively festive wardrobe items and have turned into an irreplaceable casual accessory for a busy and ambitious metropolitan-girl.
How can you wear metallic leather pumps like these Pumps from Högl?
- With wide culottes and a top with cut-away shoulders – for an evening look.
- With a pantsuit a straight-cut jacket and wide pants/banana pants/classic cigarette-cut trousers) – for a business meeting or a nice lunch with colleagues.
- With boyfriend jeans and an oversize sweater/classic shirt combined with a soft scarf. In this look I recommend sticking to neat pastel tones and choosing shoes in active colors. In this case the outfit will be elegant enough, but won’t look too boring. This is an ideal look to hang out with your girlfriends, go to the movies with a date or visit an exhibition of your favorite artist.
- My favorite combo: pleated skirt and oversize sweater, preferably, a bit slouchy – so that it would fall down one shoulder. After all, there’s no harm in accentuating your femininity every now and then. An outfit like that is the recipe for a successful date – I promise.
- I guess there is no point mentioning classic combos like a little black dress, pencil skirt and short oversize sweater – for an evening out or a theatre visit.
- I personally prefer an elegant look consisting of deep-colored pumps, flared velvet high-wasted pants (brown, khaki, burgundy or violet) and cashmere light grey or milky white sweater.
And how do you combine your favorite pumps?
You might also be interested in
Dr. Christa Kummer (hydrogeologist, climatologist and theologian) made history as the first female weather reporter to appear on Austrian television over 23 years ago. Her repertoire also includes giving lectures and presenting major events, and she’s even made a name for herself as an author, too.
Immerse yourself in the rich heritage of Mozart's city with beautiful traditional costumes, atmospheric folk music and culinary delights.
There are plenty of treats in store for us this season, with sneakers in luxurious designs and featuring playful details